Thursday 10 May 2012

I just came back from a training session for LINDAMOOD BELL- Visualizing and Verbalizing course. I have taken the LIPS program and the SEEING STARS program as well. These programs have the potential to change a child's future! I have worked with these programs for years and have seen what they can do. The V/V course teaches kids to make pictures about what they are reading. They are able to hold onto information easier if they can picture it- makes sense right:)  Many kids do not do this automatically. Once they know how to make pictures about information they are reading/hearing read to them, they are able to remember it in a way that it makes sense to them. They are also able to write with more detail and describtion; which is what teachers are looking for. Their memory will increase along with their vocabulary, writing skills, spelling skills and most importantly their confidence!:)  I am seeing improvements with all my clients and, more importantly, I am seeing more smiles, more confidence and a desire to read!!!!:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment