Wednesday 15 February 2012

Let's talk!:)

This is a new business that will focus on one on one reading intervention, as well as spelling, reading comprehension, auditory memory and speech and language concerns. I will be running various book clubs for children as well. These book clubs take place in a high interest, interactive and fast paced environment.

I am trained in a program that gives the child a new way to attack reading. lindamoodbell.com Please feel free to browse this website to learn more. This program is ideal for children who may need a new way of learning. 

I will post a book club outline soon. The first one I plan on having will be directed towards grade 7/8 boys. Boys who do not like to read..... I want YOU!:)

 "THE BOOK HATERS BOOK CLUB"
My plan is to run book clubs will as follows: 4 sessions, 2 hours each, 1 theme per session.

#1 theme/session- 'No Books Allowed'- will focus on literacy activites, and discuss what it is they may not like about books.  Looking at literacy differently. It will be active, interactive and an open learning environment.

#2- Lyrically Speaking- will focus on music lyrics...that is actually poetry! Shhh, don't tell them that! We will discuss various lyrics, rhyme, vocabulary used (don't worry- this is G rated:). 

I have lots of ideas- the when/where/how often will depend on you.

Let me know what you are thinking!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment